Thursday, December 2, 2010

navigating the navigator

I will tell you straight out that I am the worst navigator ever. Why is the passenger automatically the navigator - say why can't it be the back seat driver.... I am not a quick thinker - one must be a very quick thinker for this job - I hesitate and generally hum and haw until Derek just does what he thinks is best. I perform this job grudgingly.

To get around we use our Atlas book - while driving it is a permanent fixture on my lap. Derek mentioned that I miss the scenery because I spend so much time looking at the map - which is true because I am always trying to be prepared. We had had the same one since 2008. I like it because I put down all sorts of notes on it from distances to points of interest and most importantly locations of gas stations. But I had to finally be honest with myself that is was time to splurge on a new one - ours is ripped and has pages falling out.

So while in Walmart I got a shiny new one. We get the Walmart one because well lets be honest - we almost exclusively shop at Walmart (more on that later). Here is a glimpse of the old and the new - currently unmarked.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...